Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Super monday

Had a great day yesterday. Started with a spinning class, this time I managed to keep up with most of the class although I had to cut my stand up sprints shorter. Followed by some weight workouts.
Went to swim training with my masters swim club, used my new swim gear for the first time, went great. Got some great advices from my coach and felt much more confident in the water. Swam 1500m of drills before relaxing with the group in the hot tub.
But that wasn´t it, I still had football (soccer for those americans who might stumble in here) training to go. Really bad turn-out so we were only 5, which meant alot more running. But I had a great night, came closest to win in 2 man team twice. Kept the pace up and never burned out. All in all a great day of training and today I had an easy run and although I felt a bit tired in the muscles I wasn´t sore or with any strings... which is great news for my first race, this thursday, the Powerade 10k run.
My plan is to go to swim training tomorrow (wednesday) but not run. Then do the race on thursday and to cool down I will only do football on friday.

3 comments:

Ali said...

But still you can't beat me in squash..hahahaha...

with smile,
ali

Tomas said...

Ha ha... if you ever win a squash game against me, I'll run a 10k naked!

Damy said...

Guys guys, its just a game of squash. Don't know for sure Ali, of how much you've been working out lately, but I think it will be a wrong idea to place a bet against Tomas. With all the things I've been reading on his blog lately, I'm becoming more convinced that this dude is going for the Olympics. hahaha