Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Slow run... not so slow... not a run...

I had a great plan of having a slow run today after the super monday. But mother nature had other plans. A snow blitzard made any outdoor running attemt vain.
I decided to step on the indoor bike and see if I could stay on there for one and a half hour, which is well over my projected time in the London Triathlon this fall.
I started doing a 30 minutes program where every third minute was a hill from hell. Then two easy minutes. That went well enough, I maintained 90-100 RPM on all the hills, but it really drained my muscular endurance and as an afterthought I should had skipped those hills. I then went to a straight race, racing a computer, setting the computer speed at 30km/hr I lost by 1 km which put my avarage speed at 28km/hr which is not accepteble but as a first long run I can accept that. Also my avarage pulse was low (144) so my stamina/endurance is good. It´s the muscular endurance I have to work on...
The good thing is that I still have the time on my side. Now I have gone beyond my distances in all three disciplines for the triathlon. So I am feeling very confident, now it is only question of improving my times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!