Sunday, January 6, 2008

How true!

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

Ran across this. How very true... All our life we are too afraid to dream because those closest to us, those who can so easily hurt us are the first one to not believe in them. But the most important thing in all situations is to believe in your self. I know I can, and I knoww I will run my first marathon the 31st of May. I believe and I know, you can reach whatever goal you have. Go for it!

1 comment:

Greg On the Run said...

That quote is so true. I was terribly overweight and when I started exercising I had people telling me that I was going to hurt myself. I even had one ask me if I was afraid that I was going to suffer from arthritis from running. "No," I said. "I'm more afriad of not living long enough to be afflicted with arthritis."

Don't let anyone keep you down.

Found you on the Complete Running Network. You'll find plenty of people stopping by to say hello.