Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Updates

Well, been awhile... one reason, life!
Life has had the incredible baldness of interfering with my training and blogging... amazing... I got elected MCP (Member committee President) of AIESEC in Iceland. So I was facilitating at a national conference for them, then had/got to attend the International Presidents Meeting of AIESEC which was held in Macedonia... I had two bad weeks of training before Macedonia but in Macedonia I managed to run every day except two, so I am very proud of that.

I have moved my first marathon, one might think that since my training has been going slow I would move it back, but no, the Icelandic way is to push it forward. So I have my first marathon in 18 days...
Yesterday I had my 3 hour run to test my body. I had decided to use it as a judging run for the marathon. If I would be alive after 3 hours of running I would survive the marathon, or so said a person I respect a lot.

But once again, life was interfering, I didn't manage to run on Saturday and on Sunday I had hangovers that didn't make me feel like running (surprisingly). So on Monday I was supposed to have a spinning class, weight lifting/exercise class, swim training and soccer so I didn't see where I would fit a long run. But I had to work until 8pm so I missed all the trainings except soccer which starts at ten, so I saw a chance.

Run to football, which I knew would take around an hour. Play football for an hour and then run back for an hour...
Not the ideal three hour run, but hey, you have to be flexible and work with what life throws at you.
Yes you run shorter distances during soccer, but you sprint a lot more, so after the first running leg my hips and calves where tired, but after soccer my legs where ok (although powerles) but I had sprinted so much that my lungs where really tired.

But all in all the run went great, minor aches and pains but that's what makes it fun. I tried using gels and drinking water. Found out that I like apple gel much more. And what an energy boost you get... incredible...

Now I feel like I will finish, might not be pretty, might not be a good time. But I will finish and then I have 2 months for my originally planned first marathon, so there I can know what to expect and improve my time.

No comments: