Monday, April 7, 2008

Stupidity

That is most certainly the definition of my actions...
I had one day that I could walk without my knees screaming in pain and what do I do... I go to three trainings... and now I sit in front of the computer with ice on my right knee...

The good news are that my left knee seems to be alright... I started by going to spinning class... really hammered the bike there raised my avarage pulse from my usual spinning pulse and really made the bike pay. I felt great, endorphins rushing to my head which it had so sorely missed, knees feeling good, everything going according to plan.

We went to the aerobic room where we do some strenght training with weights but I decided to stop after three excercises as I wanted to feel fresh in swim training. I usually show up at swim training with my legs beaten after the spin class and my arms done by the weight class.

So I show up at swim training feeling unusually fresh and the training went great. I was keeping a 2 minute tempo per 100m which is my target tempo so I was very happy. I finally felt that my position in the water was improving... so my legs were not sinking the whole time and I managed to glide more... all very good signs... we had a lovely hot tub sicussions as usual and at that point I should had gone home, finished a great day, feeling fine. But no....

Of course with this very welcomed endorphine rush I felt I was invincible so I went to play soccer. My plan originally to stay back and be a goalkeeper... but no... when I felt myl knees were not totally ruined I moved forward playing as a striker... My left knee didn't complain at all, but my right knee became more and more sore and than just plainly hurt. But I kept going, playing on one leg... and on the positive side I won 4 out of 5 games... on the negative my knee feels horrible, and my best friend sprained his ankle and had to stop playing... bloody soccer...

But I am hopefull that my knees are getting better and that I will be sore tomorrow but then fine for a spinning class and swim training next wednesday... I am not going to run for this week... think that is the sensible thing to do... but I really want to...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all fit the definition of stupidity at some point in our training. Good luck...hope your knees feel better!

Jade Lady said...

Boy, those endorphins are an addiction - you really go overboard. I wish I had half your energy!

I hope your knees will be feeling better soon.

Tomas said...

Thanks girls... Knees are feeling good enough for a spinning class and swim today... lets see if that means another night of iced knee tonight :)