Tuesday, April 15, 2008

F**K!!!!!

That kind of says it all...

yesterday and today have been the best and my worst days in training... yesterday was the best... I went through my 4 trainings without feeling any discomfort in my knee at all... even soccer went without any pain... and without loosing a game...

Then there is today... I felt a little weird in the knee but no pain... I decided to go out for a short late night run... running just 3.5km and see how it would feel.
I went out steadily feeling each knee bend every step, listening to any sing of pain. But I didn't feel any... so I kept going I was getting into my rythm and just feeling so good running again... then suddenly without warning after 2.5km I felt like a knive was being stabbed into my knee... and for the remaining 1.5km every step felt like having a knive turned inside of my knee... the weird thing is that this was the left knee... the knee that had recovered better and had been painless for longer...

I ended up finishing in 22:47 minutes way too slow... way too painfull... now I sit here with ice on my knee... cursing this incredibly bad design... how can one bodypart be so problematic... and conteplating about the duathlon this weekend... I really want to go...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...good luck.

Injuries can be so frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Hey ! You've got an helthy upperpart and a right leg with no pain. You can still swim. So swim :)
Bibba

peter said...

We are only as strong as our weakest link. In many, it's the knees.

I guess Bibba has it right. Look at the long haul. Maybe you should cross-train til your legs get better. You already got a sub-4 first marathon. That took me 12 tries to get. There's always the same event next year.

Hope it's sorting itself out for you.

Tomas said...

he he... yes yes... I was just a bit annoyed when I wrote that... Much more optimistic now... have been biking and swimming... next year... no no no... more like... 2 months... lets hope... :)