Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good week after an interesting weekend

Been a good week so far, started off Monday by a session with my personal trainer. The session was a really hard one, pushing muscles in legs and arms, but most of all the core. After lounges, push-ups, squats and reverse push-ups it was time for the rowing machine again.

Good workout all in all. It posed a problem the following day as my forearms were aching and I could not stretch them out properly. That would normally be a welcome sign as it shows the muscles are being stretched. Only problem was the timing. Pennants squash match on Tuesday night without being able to outstretch your arm is a pretty challenging one!

I lost my game 3-0 but thankfully my amazing team mates both won their matches so we won the night and retained our top position in the league.

Today I went to a swimmingpool for the first time in a year or so. I swam 1km in 100m intervals (50m pool). My times were not at all impressive, averaging at around 2:15-2:20 for each 100m. Have to work on that and get it under 2 minutes again.

Tomorrow it is squash again and on Friday another private training session. Then on Saturday I might be buying a triathlon bike. Just found a guy selling a bike in fine condition (according to photo and description) so will go and try it out.

Aside from training I spent last weekend scrubbing a former boarding school built in 1908 in New Norcia. The school (and the whole town) is built by and around a monestary still active. We went to prayers with the monks and slept in another former school (4 schools in the town, one was for white boys, one for white girls, one for aboriginal boys and one for aboriginal girls... so wrong but just the way things were before).

It was amazing spening the weekend with a group of volunteers having fun and contributing to keeping these beautiful buildings in proper order. I am all scrubbed out though, not going to scrubb any more walls for the next 6 months or so.

Tomas

No comments: